As Texans, we love our state and there is no better time to show it than during the TEXAS STATE FAIR! So why we celebrate the fair – let’s celebrate Texas with some fun facts for all of us to boast about!
- Texas was independent for 9 years from 1836 to 1845
- Two Presidents have visited our Fair, William Howard Taft in 1909 and Woodrow Wilson in 1911.
- Texas has had 7 different capitals: Washington, Harrisburg, Galveston, Velasco, Columbia, Houston and finally Austin.
- There is more land farmed in Texas than any other state in America.
- The Texas State Fair has grown from 80 acres to a whopping 227 acres!
- The word Texas originates from the Native American word meaning “allies” or “friends”.
Click here to find out more information about our State Fair https://bigtex.com/