Waxing can be a wonderful thing. It leaves the skin smooth and soft and can last for several weeks, and is less time consuming than laser hair removal. However, you should have it re-done every 3-6 weeks, depending on which area you have waxed.
To make sure you have a positive waxing experience here are some things to keep in mind:
- Make sure the wax pots are clean and free of debris.
- The technician should always wear gloves before touching your skin.
- The area to be waxed should be disinfected to minimize the risk of infection.
- No “double dipping,” a new applicator should always be used each time the wax is applied to the skin.
- A soothing agent should be applied to the skin after waxing to soothe redness and irritation, such as Fiona Wright M.D. Skincare Aloe Cortisone Cream.
Dr. Wright’s Tip:
Waxing is a great hair removal method that is popular for legs, arms, and bikini areas, but can be done for any area of the body with hair – even knuckles! Waxing and shaping the brows can define and enhance your facial features. It leaves your skin smoother than shaving or tweezing. An important reminder is to be sure that you are off of any Retin-A products for a minimum of 7-10 days prior to having any waxing done.