Meditation is something everyone should do for themselves.
Many people including myself, have thought, “I don’t have time for meditation” but this is untrue. We may not have an hour a day to spare and that’s understandable because we are busy people! But taking a few minutes for meditation is taking a few minutes for you. We often talk about what is healthy for the body, but today let’s talk about an exercise that is heathy for our minds!
Follow along with these 5 Simple Steps;
- Set a timer for 5 minutes before beginning so you do not have to worry about the time.
- Get comfortable either lay down, or sit with your legs hip width apart sitting up straight with your hands on your legs.
- Close your eyes and focus simply on your breathing, create a rhythm as you breathing deeply. Breath in through your nose and out through your mouth.
- If thoughts or worries come into your mind, acknowledge them but only focus on breathing, letting everything else fade into the background.
- When the alarm sounds turn it off and take one last deep breath and know that this exercise helps you gain energy and momentum for the rest of the day ahead.
You should meditate for just a few minutes every day. Remember that Meditation is great for getting rid of stress, having more control over our emotions, As well, it improves brain function and and helps us recognize more of what is going on around us. Meditation is not meant to be hard and all of us can do it!